By John C. Dewdney and W. B. Fisher (Auth.)
Read or Download A Geography of the Soviet Union PDF
Similar regional books
Housing stories have frequently overlooked vital components of discussion that impact different social sciences. whereas there are increasingly more experiences that target particular components comparable to over-crowding and home-ownership, the advance of broader housing innovations has been sluggish. Jim Kemeny appears to be like on the nature of housing study and makes a speciality of numerous key debates in social concept and their relation to housing.
This quantity offers a world therapy of ancient and nearby geomorphic paintings because it built from the top of the 19th century to the hiatus of the second one international warfare. The ebook offers with the burgeoning of the eustatic idea, the ideas of isostasy and epeirogeny, and the 1st entire statements of the cycle of abrasion and of polycyclic denudation chronology.
Essentially the most radical feminist theorists in Europe prior to the 19th century, François Poullain de l. a. Barre (1647-1723) used to be a guy manner sooner than his time. utilising Cartesian rules to "the lady Question," Poullain established via rational deduction that the supposedly "self-evident" inequality of the sexes was once not anything greater than unfounded prejudice.
This contributed quantity is the 1st publication in English to provide a present and important imaginative and prescient of nearby difficulties and regulations within the nations of Latin the USA. The ebook is in 3 major elements: a normal evaluation of neighborhood approaches and developments in Latin the United States as a complete; country-level insurance of 7 person international locations; and comparative analyses of universal significant difficulties similar to migration, schooling, hard work, poverty, decentralization, exports and overseas direct investments.
- DEVELOPMENT BEYOND NEOLIBERALISM?: Governance, Poverty Reduction and Political Economy
- Writing the Lives of Painters: Biography and Artistic Identity in Britain 1760-1810 (Oxford English Monographs)
- Soul of Beijing Opera, The: Theatrical Creativity and Continuity in the Changing World
- The Prospects for a Regional Human Rights Mechanism in East Asia (East Asia (New York, N.Y.).)
- Islamic Legal Interpretation: Muftis and Their Fatwas (Harvard Middle Eastern Studies)
- The Avant-Garde in Interwar England: Medieval Modernism and the London Underground
Additional resources for A Geography of the Soviet Union
T h e c l i m a t e h e r e is t r a n s i t i o n a l b e t w e e n t h e m o n s o o n of t h e Pacific s e a b o a r d a n d t h e c o n t i n e n t a l i n t e r i o r t y p e , s h o w i n g h e a v y s u m m e r rainfall a n d low w i n t e r t e m p e r a t u r e s for t h e l a t i t u d e . L) J F M Temp. (°C) -14 -10 -3 Pptn. 5 T h e v e g e t a t i o n is rich a n d v a r i e d i n c l u d i n g b o t h d e c i d u o u s a n d coniferous trees. O a k , b i r c h , ash, p i n e , e l m , l i n d e n a n d m a p l e a r e all f o u n d in this region, the a c t u a l species b e i n g different from those of t h e E u r o p e a n m i x e d forests.
9. Average annual precipitation (millimetres). Note the relatively small areas which receive more than 600 mm per annum. a m o u n t s d o so for a v a r i e t y of reasons. T h e n o r t h - w e s t e r n p a r t of t h e E u r o p e a n p l a i n ( R i g a 600 m m ) shows t h e effect of t h e A t l a n t i c m a r i t i m e influence b r o u g h t b y t h e p r e v a i l i n g westerly w i n d s w h i c h a r e also responsible for totals a b o v e 500 m m r e c o r d e d a l o n g t h e w e s t e r n flank of t h e U r a l s .
S . S . R . , is t h e l a r g e t e m p e r a t u r e r a n g e b e t w e e n t h e hottest a n d coldest m o n t h s . Climate, Soils, Vegetation FIG. 7. Temperature conditions in (A) January, and (B) July. Isotherms at 4°C intervals. Note the very small areas with January temperatures above freezing. 21 22 A Geography of the Soviet Union Since w i n t e r t e m p e r a t u r e s v a r y m o r e t h a n those of s u m m e r , it follows t h a t v a r i a t i o n s in the t e m p e r a t u r e r a n g e a r e largely a p r o d u c t of differences in t h e w i n t e r m e a n s .
A Geography of the Soviet Union by John C. Dewdney and W. B. Fisher (Auth.)